The Top 10 Best Crystals for Beginners
Introduction: Why Should You Start Using Crystals?
Crystals have been used for centuries by many cultures and can come in different shapes and types. They are powerful tools to promote wellness or help with healing.
There are many reasons why crystals are effective, but what’s believed to happen is that the vibrations help balance out your own energy levels and chakras. They can also be helpful for those who suffer from anxiety
When you’re trying to figure out what to buy, it can be challenging. No worries though, because our list of recommendations will help you get started.
What are Your Chakras and What do They Need?
Chakras are centres of energy in our bodies that control different aspects of our lives. They work by allowing the body to interact with the universal life force or “chi.” The word “chakra” refers to this process because these energy centres are like spinning wheels.
Each one is connected to a different part of the body. The 7 chakras are:
- Root – located at the base of your spine and associated with our sense of security and stability
- Sacral – located in your lower abdomen near your reproductive organs, it’s associated with our sense of creativity and sexuality
- Solar Plexus – located in the stomach area and is associated with our sense of self-esteem
- Heart – located in the chest area and associated with our sense of compassion
- Throat – located at the front of your neck and is associated with the communication
- Third Eye – located in the middle of your forehead and associated with our sense of intuition, insight and imagination
- Crown – located at the top of your head and associated with our sense of enlightenment.
Crystals can be used to activate and balance your chakras. They can also be used for healing purposes, as they promote healing on both physical and emotional levels.
The use of crystals with chakras has been around for centuries, but it is only now that we have a better understanding of how they work together.
What are the Best Crystals for Beginners?
These are our recommendations for the top crystals you should use. We will mention more about each one, including its qualities and the benefits it can provide in your projects
- Selenite Selenite is a stone that represents purity and Selene, the Greek Goddess of the moon. It has a calming, soothing energy that helps bring peace and clarity to our minds. Selenite is thought to be beneficial for those wishing to clean and clear themselves. By clearing their energy, you can help yourself to squander stagnant and negative energies.
- Amethyst Amethyst is found in the colour purple and is a very powerful, protective and calming stone. It’s used to relieve stress and anxiety and has a calming effect on the mind. It is also a good choice for the bedroom for those who suffer from insomnia or nightmares. It is connected to the Crown chakra which is our highest energy point.
- Citrine Citrine is a type of quartz that amplifies what you want to manifest in life. It makes you feel confident and optimistic about your dreams, which can empower you to make them a reality. Citrine is a great choice for beginners as it brings positive energy into your environment and an all-around boost to your thoughts and emotions. It is found in shades of yellow and is associated with the solar plexus chakra.
- Rose Quartz Rose quartz is a popular choice for newcomers to the crystal world. It activates your heart chakra and helps get rid of negative energy in order to grow your compassion and heal any limiting beliefs. It can help to heal all kinds of love and communication and supports self-care and the relationship with yourself.
- Clear Quartz Clear Quartz repels negativity, removes energy blocks, and heals the mind. It can also improve psychic abilities and concentration, as well as make it easier to feel more relaxed. Clear quartz is also great for restoring balance to the chakras by aligning your spiritual energy.
- Black Tourmaline Black Tourmaline helps creates an energy field that shields you against negativity. It is also a good way to protect yourself from harmful electromagnetic frequencies. It can bring a deep sense of balance and stability, whilst cleansing the mind of negative thought patterns and helping you to stay connected and grounded.
- Moonstone Moonstone is one of the oldest known stones in human history. It is associated with new beginnings and has a gentle, calming and cleansing energy. It can help to find peace in difficult times and encourages creativity, healing, motherly love and compassion for oneself and others. Moonstone helps to calm and balance your emotions and encourages you to trust the natural rhythms of life. Much like the moon cycle, it helps to remind us that life moves in cycles and ebbs and flows, and helps us to prepare for change.
- Carnelian Carnelian is sometimes described as a sunset stone and comes in shades of burnt orange to reddish brown. It’s connected to the Sacral chakra and can help give you an energetic boost if you’re feeling sluggish. This stone encourages creativity, which is why it might be great for writers! Carnelian brings out the fireside of your soul, giving your confidence a boost when you need it, and helping you to go forth and conquer projects.
- Smoky Quartz Smoky quartz is a grounding, earthy stone that can help to bring mental stability and emotional calm. It also assists in lifting depression, while cleansing and purifying energy fields. Smoky Quartz can help to guide you to a higher state of being, a place where you can let go of the past, and help you move on from painful experiences and let go of energetic baggage.
- Aventurine Aventurine is derived from the Latin word for games of chance and is most commonly used by people wishing to better their chances. It comes in shades of green, blue and others. It can help to clear the Heart chakra and overcome old patterns, keeping your heart open and ready to receive good fortune and joy. It can also help with leadership and decision-making.
How to Find the Right Crystal for You
Crystal is a great way to interact with your intuition and to help you find what you need. For example, if you are looking for love and compassion, Rose Quartz would be great for you. If you want to tap into your inner guidance and intuition to help with a problem you are facing, you might choose Clear Quartz.
Alternatively, allow yourself to intuitively choose the crystal you resonate with. Trust in your intuition and pick the one that stands out to you.
Some people prefer smaller crystals because they can carry them around more easily when they are travelling or on day trips. Others may like larger crystals because they feel like it’s easier to make contact with them when they are holding them in their hands.
Crystals are a popular and natural healing tool, of which there is a variety of different types. Some people prefer smaller crystals because they can be more easily carried around with them while they are travelling or going on day trips. They also tend to feel more personal as the crystal someone chooses is usually based on their own personality. Others may like larger crystals because they feel like it’s easier to make them work for their spiritual needs.
Think about how and where you will use your crystal to help you to choose.
If you need advice, speak to a reputable crystal retailer (like us!) that can give you more information on which crystal is best suited for your needs.
How to Use Crystals in Your Daily Life
This is a long list of the many ways you can use crystals. Some examples are:
Use In Meditation
If you’re looking to work on something specific, there are crystals that go with each goal. If you want to bring more love and compassion into your life, you can choose Rose Quartz. If you want to tap into your inner guidance and intuition to help with a problem you are facing, you might choose Clear Quartz.
When you’re feeling stressed or anxious, try sitting quietly and closing your eyes to focus on connecting with your breath. This practice can quickly clarify things by slowing down the mind. When you are ready, hold the crystal in your hands and imagine your goals or intentions. Observe if any colours or messages appear, or if you have any particular reactions while working with the crystal. Write these down and see what they might mean. Make sure to thank your crystals when you are finished.
This is just one example, there are lots of other methods you can research and try. But this is a simple way to get started.
Wearing crystals as jewellery means that the energies from the crystals are always with you because they’re on your body. This is a fantastic way to have our own personal healers, who we can call upon at any time and in any situation. They not only give excellent energetic benefits, but the jewellery looks great too.
Wearing crystals can help you feel calmer and more grounded throughout the day, providing spiritual protection from ‘negativity’. If you feel yourself starting to get stressed out, give them a try. They can also help with brainstorming and clarity throughout the day, which can be helpful in making important decisions or connecting with higher levels of consciousness.
At The Office
During the working week, you spend most of your time at work or in your office space. A good idea is to place your chosen crystal nearby or at your desk for some added energy.
Black Tourmaline is often used in computers and phones to protect against EMFs. Aventurine might be helpful for decision-making and managing people, whilst Carnelian encourages creativity. Rose Quartz could help to bring a sense of calm and compassion into your communications throughout the day.
In The Home
You can find crystals in an assortment of items that would look great in any room. Beautiful lamps, trays, coasters, bookends or other collectibles can accent many different areas of your living space.
Some crystals like Amethyst can also help you sleep, which is why it’s often used as a natural aid in things like aromatherapy or home-based remedies. Try placing the crystal under your pillow before you go to sleep at night, and letting the crystal absorb energy from your body as you lay there. Keeping it on your bedside table will work well too.
Have A Question?
We love to talk about crystals and we are here to help, so please feel free to get in touch with us via email [email protected]